A Different Approach
This type of therapy is designed to be short-term, client-focused and depends on the co-operation of the client themselves. The client is given the opportunity to look at issues from different angles, in a safe, supportive and completely confidential environment and is expected to partake in a pro-active manner in the process. Types of issues commonly dealt with relate to:
- Stress Management
- Sexual Orientation Issues
- Problem Drinking and / or Alcoholism
- Anxiety Disorder
- Effective Communication
- Coping with Interpersonal Conflict
Typically the therapy consists of approximately 6 to 8 sessions. The benefits of this therapy tend to become more apparent long after the sessions have ended when the client has a new perspective. Learn more
Read Gerry Hickey's Articles Online for Free
Gerry has written many articles on mental health and addiction which have appeared in several publications, including The Sunday Independent. One of his most popular pieces, Eliminating Malfunction in Success, is available here for you to read online for free, along with other specially selected articles.View articles
Gerry Hickey is a qualified and experienced Counsellor and Psychotherapist practising full-time in Dublin. Over the years he has contributed to television and radio programmes, and his articles have been widely published. Along with his various Therapeutic qualifications he holds a Primary Degree and an Honours Masters Degree in Alternative Dispute Resolution. Read full profile
Suspension of office meetings for the moment
I am respectfully asking everyone to adhere to the guidelines set out by the HSE
In view of the worsening health crisis I have decided to close my office for face to face consultations for the foreseeable future. This will be reviewed in the New Year in line with public health guidelines.
HOWEVER, for those who wish I will be available for WhatsApp, Skype, Zoom or other online / phone sessions with existing Clients
I am also happy to discuss sessions with prospective Clients.
Thank you for your understanding.
In view of the current health crisis it appears that more and more people are perusing the prospect of Online Therapy. Over the coming months I will be updating my systems to accommodate this trend and expect to be transferring most of my work to an online platform over the next few months. This means ultimately more flexible and accessible help for existing and new Clients.
I currently have limited upcoming office availability for new Clients but will endeavour to facilitate anyone interested in the service to the best of my ability.
As a courtesy to myself and other clients seeking appointments, if you need to cancel or change an appointment I request a minimum of 48 hours notice to avoid a minimum fee of €50 being charged. Failure to show for an appointment will result in the full cost of a consultation being charged.
- Terms and Conditions attaching to the usage of this site will shortly be uploaded. In the meantime they can be forwarded to you when requested through email@example.com
- Copyright notice: This website and its content are the copyright of Gerry Hickey – © All rights reserved.
- Any republishing of material from this site needs the permission of Mr Hickey and an acknowledgement of the source material.
- By proceeding past the HOME PAGE viewers agree to the Terms and conditions applying to this site.
How to Choose a Therapist
- Counselling in Covid-19 era
- Clients need to be aware of changes
- Get a quality referral from a trusted source
- Some very important questions should be answered before commencing