A Different Approach
This type of therapy is designed to be short-term, client-focused and depends on the co-operation of the client themselves. The client is given the opportunity to look at issues from different angles, in a safe, supportive and completely confidential environment and is expected to partake in a pro-active manner in the process. Types of issues commonly dealt with relate to:
- Stress Management
- Sexual Orientation Issues
- Problem Drinking and / or Alcoholism
- Anxiety Disorder
- Effective Communication
- Coping with Interpersonal Conflict
Typically the therapy consists of approximately 6 to 8 sessions. The benefits of this therapy tend to become more apparent long after the sessions have ended when the client has a new perspective. Learn more
Read Gerry Hickey's Articles Online for Free
Gerry has written many articles on mental health and addiction which have appeared in several publications, including The Sunday Independent. One of his most popular pieces, Eliminating Malfunction in Success, is available here for you to read online for free, along with other specially selected articles.View articles
Gerry Hickey is a qualified and experienced Counsellor and Psychotherapist practising full-time in Dublin. Over the years he has contributed to television and radio programmes, and his articles have been widely published. Along with his various Therapeutic qualifications he holds a Primary Degree and an Honours Masters Degree in Alternative Dispute Resolution. Read full profile
Suspension of office meetings for New Clients
For the foreseeable future I am not meeting New Clients face to face unless specified by the referring medical professional
However, for those who wish to engage me, I will be available for WhatsApp, Skype, Zoom or other online / phone platforms
Thank you for your understanding
I am fortunate to have a large number of Clients who sometimes check-in for a session or two. I will endeavour to continue to meet those, who wish to, in my Baggot Street office for the foreseeable future.
For your information I am fully vaccinated since April 2021
As a courtesy to myself and other clients seeking appointments, if you need to cancel or change an appointment I request a minimum of 48 hours notice to avoid a minimum fee of €50 being charged. Failure to show for an appointment will result in the full cost of a consultation being charged.
- Terms and Conditions attaching to the usage of this site will shortly be uploaded. In the meantime they can be forwarded to you when requested through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copyright notice: This website and its content are the copyright of Gerry Hickey – © All rights reserved.
- Any republishing of material from this site needs the permission of Mr Hickey and an acknowledgement of the source material.
- By proceeding past the HOME PAGE viewers agree to the Terms and conditions applying to this site.
How to Choose a Therapist
- Counselling in Covid-19 era
- Clients need to be aware of changes
- Get a quality referral from a trusted source
- Some very important questions should be answered before commencing